I don't know about you but as soon as Summer is over, I start decorating for the Fall. Sometimes I get started before Summer is over because I get so excited and anxious for the new season upon us. I love everything about Fall ... the beautiful colors, the changing of the leaves, the smell of pumpkin spice or cinnamon, the flickering of candles, the presence of cooler temperatures ... and being around family and friends!
For this season, I thought I would give you some Fall Decorating Tips that might make your decorating life a little easier this year.
1. Vibrant Shades of Fall ... switch out pillows to quickly transform the feeling of the room. The same works with a beautiful throw blanket, adding aroma through candles, beautiful silk arrangements and more. Deep hues add a more autumnal vibe.
2. Dining Table Display ... place pumpkins and gourds, dried flowers and fallen leaves on a portable centerpiece, such as a tray. The tray allows you to move the decorations from the dining table to the fireplace to an entry way table.
3. Decorate Your Front Door and Entryway ... a beautiful wreath, a grouping of pumpkins in various shapes and sizes, a welcoming topiary. Finding those few elements that make the entrance to your home welcoming provides beautiful curb appeal and a nice welcome for those who pay a visit.
4. Add Vintage Details ... display fall foliage in beautiful vases, pinecones in vintage ceramic bowls, candles in antique candelabras. Bringing the outdoors in and adorning different spaces within your home provides a warmth only Fall can bring.
5. Think Long Term ... the color choices and decorating tips can be simple, colorful and appropriate for September, October and November.