One of my guilty pleasures I discovered in 2015 was Blueapron.com. They provide the most delicious meals with all calories under 700 per serving. While enjoying my 3-meal a week meal plan, I discovered a meal that I have become obsessed with ... Mushroom Browned Butter Cavatelli. This meal is super easy to prepare, super quick and so delicious that I had to share it with you. If you are in a hurry and looking for something nutritious and flavorful, please give this a try. It is worth it every time ... can someone say Yum! :-)
* 2 Farm Eggs
* 8 Ounces Fresh Cavatelli Pasta (you can use any pasta you choose)
* 7 Ounces Lacinato Kale (I also use baby spinach or a mixture of both)
* 1 Bunch Thyme
* 4 Tbsp Butter
* 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino Cheese (I've tried other cheeses and they're all flavorful)
Makes 4 Servings, About 700 Calories per Serving
Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 20-30 min
1) Cut Mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Remove and discard Kale stems. Pick Thyme leaves off stems.
2) Add eggs to boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Peal when cooled. (I've also tried poaching my eggs and find that easier and just as tasty)
3) In a large pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add butter and cook for 30 seconds or until it foams. Continue cooking the for 2-3 minutes until the butter is golden brown.
4) While the mushrooms are cooking, add the pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes. Reserve 1/2 c of the pasta cooking water once cooked.
5) Add the Kale and Thyme to the pan of Mushrooms and cook for 2-4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Add the cooked Pasta and reserved water and cook for 1-3 minutes, until the pasta is thoroughly coated.
6) Plate your dish with the finished pasta topped with an egg. Garnish with cheese and Enjoy!
For more wonderful recipes from blueapron.com, please visit their website.